How can you tell it’s time to see a counselor? There are a lot of times you may need to see a therapist. Here are a few signs it may be time for you to consider it.
1. Everything you feel is very intense.
Are you feeling overcome with sadness or anger? Does this happen on a regular basis? These are signs you may need to seek counseling.
2. You can’t stop replaying a traumatic event in your head over and over.
We all go through traumatic events, and sometimes counseling is the best way to cope with the traumas of life.
3. You have frequent stomach aches, headaches, or a lowered immune system.
When we are emotionally spent, sometimes it can have an effect on our physical health. If you are having frequent colds, frequent headaches, or frequent stomach issues, this may mean you need to consider therapy.
4. You have trouble getting out of bed in the morning.
If you are feeling so overwhelmed that you have trouble in the morning, you may need some counseling to help you through this time.
5. You feel apathetic about activities you used to love.
If you feel uninterested in activities you used to love, this may be a sign that it’s time to consider counseling.
6. Your loved ones have expressed concern.
If the people who love you are telling you that they are worried about you, it may be time to seek professional help through a counselor.
There is no shame in asking for help sometimes. If you are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or depressed, and you need somewhere to turn, reach out to me today.